Media Advisory: Agenda Highlights for Regular Council Meeting on August 23, 2018
August 22, 2018
What: Among the items to be heard at tomorrow's regular meeting of the City Council:
- The Council has requested that representatives of the Mayor's Office and Sewerage and Water Board (S&WB) appear to address recent issues and inefficiencies within the S&WB. The Council will also consider a corresponding resolution on the matter.
- The Administration is set to address the Council and answer questions at approximately 11 a.m.
- The Council will welcome Samantha Beaulieu to honor the life and legacy of her father, Paul Beaulieu, who recently passed away on July 24.
- The Council will consider a resolution to re-establish the Food Policy Advisory Committee to provide recommendations and advise the Council on healthy food and farming initiatives.
- The Council will hear a special presentation from the Chief Operations Director of the Food Pantry of New Orleans and the Executive Director of Giving Hope on their work to promote human dignity and serve the city's most vulnerable.
- Additionally, the Council will consider authorizing the Mayor to enter into an amended Cooperative Endeavor Agreement between the City and the State of Louisiana relative to the renovation of the Historic Algiers Courthouse.
- The Council will also consider a text amendment to the Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance (CZO) to revise the setback standards for residential uses in EC Educational Campus Districts.
To view the regular meeting agenda, click here.
Thursday, August 23, 2018, at 10 a.m.
City Council Chamber
Chief of Staff
<< Back to News