March 8 Council Meeting to Take Place in Newly-Renovated Council Chamber at City Hall
March 6, 2018
NEW ORLEANS - The regularly scheduled City Council meeting on Thursday, March 8, 2018, will take place in the newly-renovated Council Chamber at 10 a.m. Since the Council Chamber began undergoing renovations on Dec. 17, 2017, the Council has convened its regular meetings off-site in the Orleans Parish School Board (OPSB) Main Offices building on the West Bank.
The much-needed renovations will allow the Council to better serve the public through the following improvements:
- New, energy-efficient L.E.D down-lighting and broadcast lighting to replace the existing dim down-lighting and outdated theatrical style lighting
- Select upgrades to the electrical, communications, and audio-systems
- Repainting of existing ceilings and walls
- New carpeting in the dais area
- New auditorium seating
- New ADA compliant speakers' lectern
The public may now attend regular and committee meetings of the Council in the Council Chamber at City Hall located at 1300 Perdido St, New Orleans, LA 70112. Live video meeting coverage will once again be available here. For additional information and meeting updates, please continue to regularly check NolaCityCouncil.com.
Interim Chief of Staff
<< Back to News