NEW ORLEANS - The Public Works Committee will hear from leadership of the Sewerage and Water Board (S&WB) and the Department of Public Works at its meeting on Monday, Oct. 15. The S&WB will provide an update to the committee on their work to restore public confidence in regards to customer bills.
Cogsdale Corporation, the company that developed the billing system S&WB has used since late 2016, will also make a presentation and answer questions on the implementation and performance of the system.
S&WB General Counsel will provide an update to the committee on the status of SELA Drainage Project claims.
Other agenda items include:
- Follow-up on unanswered questions at previous meetings
- Coordination of S&WB and DPW on repairing streets after water line repairs
- Content of the latest S&WB quarterly report
- Performance metrics for employees and contractors
- Update on deployment of Smart Meters
The meeting will begin at 10:00 a.m. in the Council Chamber at City Hall. Members of the public are encouraged to attend and provide comment. The full meeting agenda can be found here.