Media Advisory: Agenda Highlights for Regular Council Meeting on March 8, 2018
March 7, 2018
What: Among the items to be heard at tomorrow's regular City Council meeting:
- The Council will hear public comment and vote on Resolution R-18-65, which requests approval for the construction of a new Entergy power station in New Orleans East.
- This matter will be considered immediately following the consent agenda.
- Due to the consideration of Resolution R-18-65, land use matters will not be taken up until after 1 p.m.
- The Council will consider two ordinances to appropriate funds from the Fund Balance to the Department of Law for outstanding settlements and judgments. These ordinances roll over 2017 funds that were dedicated for this purpose.
- The Council will consider a series of ordinances to streamline stormwater management in the City of New Orleans.
- The Council will consider a resolution opposing H.R.38 and S.446 also known as the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017.
- The Council will hear a presentation from Caramel Curve in celebration of the organization's 10th Anniversary and International Women's Day.
- Please note: The Council will defer action on Ordinance 32,107 related to changes in the City Code for alcoholic beverage outlets (ABOs) and on Zoning Docket 3/18 regarding Adult Live Performance Venues.
- This will be the Council's first regular meeting of 2018 back in the newly-renovated Council Chamber at City Hall. Members of the public unable to attend may watch live meeting coverage via the Council's website here.
To view the regular meeting agenda, click here.
Thursday, March 8, 2018, at 10 a.m.
City Council Chamber
City Hall, 1300 Perdido St.
Interim Chief of Staff
<< Back to News