Media Advisory: Agenda Highlights for Regular Council Meeting on October 26, 2017
October 25, 2017
What: Among the agenda items scheduled to be heard at tomorrow's regular City Council meeting:
- The Council will consider an ordinance to amend the Code of the City of New Orleans relative to the New Orleans Municipal Employees Retirement System.
- The Council will consider authorizing a Cooperative Endeavor Agreement (CEA) to allow for collaboration in design, remodeling, operation and funding of the new low barrier homeless shelter located on Gravier Street.
- The Council will consider motions relative to the Classified Pay Plan that will provide for comprehensive pay raises to New Orleans Police Department officers, as adopted by the Civil Service Commission.
- The Council will consider authorizing the Mayor to enter into an amendment to a previously executed CEA between the City and the Louisiana Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness relative to the addition of $114,038 in federal funds for the completion of the St. Roch Drainage Project.
- The Council will consider a motion directing the City Planning Commission (CPC) to conduct a public hearing to consider amendments to the Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance (CZO) of the City to reduce the number of Adult Live Performance Venues through attrition.
- The Council will consider an ordinance to amend the Code of the City of New Orleans relative to bail in order to clarify timing requirements relative to initial appearances.
- The Council will consider two ordinances and a resolution relative to the appropriation of necessary funds to the Department of Law for outstanding settlements and judgments, taking a significant step towards paying down the City's unpaid judgment backlog.
- Additionally, the Council will recognize October as Domestic Violence and Youth Justice Awareness Month with presentations from the Southern Poverty Law Center and the Family Justice Center.
- The Council will consider approving four reappointments to the Children Youth and Planning Board.
- The Council will consider authorizing a CEA by and among the City, the New Orleans Redevelopment Authority (NORA), and Oretha Castle Haley Boulevard Merchant and Business Association, Inc. to implement an ongoing maintenance plan for the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Walk.
- The Council will consider adopting a resolution introduced by District "E" Councilmember Gray establishing support of the International Resilience Center being headquartered in New Orleans.
- The Council will vote on a motion to set a date of December 1, 2017, for the adoption of 2018 Budget Matters, and to notify the public of its intent to adopt ad valorem property taxes for the 2018 budget at that meeting.
To view the regular meeting agenda, click here.
Thursday, October 26, 2017, at 10 a.m.
City Council Chamber
City Hall, 1300 Perdido St.
Cleveland Spears, III
<< Back to News