Media Advisory: Agenda Highlights for Regular Council Meeting on January 25, 2018
January 24, 2018
What: Among the agenda items scheduled to be heard at tomorrow's regular City Council meeting:
- The Council will accept public comment on amendments to the Master Plan at this meeting.
- While the public is welcome to attend the meeting beginning at 10 a.m., public comment on the Master Plan will not occur before 1 p.m.
- Final adoption of the amendment package is expected to occur at the Feb. 8 or Feb. 22 regular meeting. For more information on the amendment package to the Master Plan, click here.
- The Council will receive a presentation from the 2018 Mardi Gras Queens of the Mystic Krewe of Femme Fatale.
- The Council will celebrate the 150th anniversary of Tabasco brand.
- The Council will consider a text amendment to the Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance (CZO) relative to freestanding signs in Historic Urban Non-Residential Districts.
- The Council will consider a conditional use to permit a bar in the Third Municipal District at 3042-3044 St. Claude Avenue.
- The Council will consider an ordinance authorizing the Mayor to enter into a Cooperative Endeavor Agreement (CEA) between the City and Luke's House: A Clinic for Healing and Hope, for one year for the public purpose of providing healthcare services at Edna Pillsbury.
- The Council will consider an ordinance authorizing the Mayor to enter into a CEA among the City, the New Orleans Recreation Development Commission (NORDC), and Delgado Community College to allow and facilitate the coordination of programs and activities conducted at Kirsch-Rooney Stadium.
- The Council will consider a motion for the reconsideration of human rights resolution No. R-18-5 following the first two special orders of business.
- Please note: The Council will defer action on Ordinance 32,107, relating to changes in the City Code for alcoholic beverage outlets (ABOs) to a later meeting.
- This will be the Council's second off-site regular meeting at the Orleans Parish School Board (OPSB) Central Offices due to renovations of the Council Chamber at City Hall. To live stream tomorrow's regular meeting, subscribe to New Orleans City Council onYouTube.
To view the regular meeting agenda, click here.
Thursday, January 25, 2018, at 10 a.m.
OPSB Central Offices
3520 General DeGaulle Drive
New Orleans, LA 70114
Click here for RTA routes from downtown
<< Back to News